Registration - Registration is easy—visit design730.org, choose a category, then fill in the details. Please be sure to print and attach the corresponding confirmation form to each entry. Entries without a confirmation form attached will not be included in the competition.
2. Confirmation Forms
Upon completing the registration and online payment process, please print the confirmation form and mail or drop it off with your entries. An entry confirmation form must be secured (paper clipped or taped) to the back of each entry—therefore, you will want to print multiple copies for entries with more than one item. This allows entries to be tracked throughout the judging process and maintain anonymity.
3. Entry Preparation
Entries are considered either a single category or an integrated campaign. Variations of one entry are considered a single entry (for example, packages for different flavors or sizes of the same product). Integrated Campaign entries refer to systems that cross multiple applications, such as stationery, email templates, on-site signage, etc. for the same client.
- Any entry that has a physical component must have a physical entry submitted. Entries are only judged by a physical submission (samples). Only digital entries (websites, apps etc.) are judged on screen.
- The digital file upload portion of the registration process is not how entries will be judged. It is solely for the display of winning entries on the design730.org site.
- Please be sure to print and attach the corresponding confirmation form to each entry. Entries without a confirmation form attached will not be included in the competition.
- For printed work, please submit two copies of the finished piece, mounted on black board, if necessary, and well protected.
- For three-dimensional work, please submit two, three-dimensional pieces, unmounted but well protected.
- For oversized, larger three-dimensional work, such as environmental design, work MUST be submitted as a photo or print. Please submit two copies of a high-resolution photo or print mounted on black board and well protected.
- For interactive entries, please submit a link in the Files section during the online registration process.
- a. Websites will be viewed online. Please include any necessary instructions.
- b. For app entries, please include a link to the app store and any download codes if necessary.
- c. If an interactive element is part of an Integrated Campaign, please mount prints of individual pages on black board at a presentable size in addition to submitting the link via the online registration process.
- Proofs or computer printouts will not be accepted, with the exception of logos and student entries.
- Please note, we are unable to return entry submissions for any category.
4. Entry Submission
- When mailing your entries, clearly mark each package with the mailing address below to ensure your packages arrive. All packages must arrive by March 31, 2017 to be considered for the competition. If there are multiple packages, please clearly mark the outside with “1 of 2” and “2 of 2” etc. Please send all entries via US Postal Service. Other shipping services (FedEx, UPS, etc.) will not deliver to a po box address.
Mailing Address Only -
AIGA Cleveland, PO Box 6224, Cleveland, OH 44101
- When dropping off your entries, clearly mark each package with AIGA Cleveland - Attn: Nikki Machado and your name or company name. If there are multiple packages, please clearly mark the outside with “1 of 2” and “2 of 2” etc. All packages must be received by march 31, 2017 to be considered for the competition.
Drop Off Address Only -
Hotcards, 2400 Superior Ave, Cleveland, OH 44114
Entries may be delivered in person on mondays from 10:30am – 2:30pm.
5. Deadline to submit: Friday, March 31, 2017
Payment must be made via design730.org at the time of registration. No cash or checks will be accepted.
7. Entry fees:
Student Member: $15
Student Non-member: $30
8. Winning Entries
Winning entries will be on display at the AIGA Cleveland Design 730 Exhibition, at at RED Space, May 19-21, 2017 as well as published on design730.org. The number of winners in each category may vary from year to year depending on the caliber of work submitted. In addition to the winners in each category, each judge will select one (1) Judges’ Choice (3 in total), then collectively select one (1) Best in Show.
Awards will be presented to the winners in each category. A Judges Choice award will also be presented to winning entries selected by each judge.
10. Rights and Permissions
Winning entrants grant AIGA Cleveland the right to reproduce the winning entries on the AIGA Cleveland Design 730 Competition website, design730.org. Winning entries may also appear on cleveland.aiga.org, and in any and all materials and media produced for promotional purposes.
11. More Information
Visit cleveland.aiga.org for details related to the competition, the Meet the Judges event on April 29, 2017 and the Awards Reception on May 19, 2017.